Friday, September 2, 2011

One Giant Leap

I remember when my first baby turned five...I held her on my lap at the end of her day, tears in my eyes, wondering where the time had gone, and if I had been enough for her? Five whole years of life gone by...
Two years later....I have tucked in my five year old astronaut and I am sitting here with those exact feelings all over again. "Rice on My tux" I always say. Watch Father of the Bride if you have no idea what I am talking about. Five years of life.....
Mostly I am proud of this Dude, and not because I was enough! Because God is good and trusting Him is making these years good and powerful. So Dearest Jonah, I pray for your continued growth in learning and trusting in God. That you would grow to be a mighty man of God and have a beautiful life on earth with Joy and Peace in your heart. You are the life of the Party and the King of laughter. Thank you for an amazing 5 years. I have no idea whats next with you, but I know it will be FUN and BIG!
Love your birthday bird, MOM

No comments: